Sunday 25 February 2007

Vancouver

The evening in the hostel was uneventful which was great. There were only some people getting yelled at in the middle of the night for smoking pot in their room. Who smokes inside anymore? They had the nerve to also yell back. Anyway my room was fine.

So good stuff.

I went to Stanley Park today it was excellent. I walked around the boardwalk and checked out the coast line. There are thousands of trees down in the park and interior trails are closed. I walked part of the interior and had to climb over huge trees that were down.

While in the park I saw three Heron’s. I was within two feet of them. There are lots of nests in the trees above also.

I went golfing today. I played an 18 hole, par three, pitch and putt as they call it. It was a little wet but great just the same. No snow in Vancouver, just rain. It rained again today.

I was able to walk for hours in the park. Lot’s of people are active in Vancouver, all out walking their dogs, running, riding their bikes and rollerblading. I think if you live here you feel the pressure of getting active. They say Vancouver is the most active city in Canada, for your info.

I took a putt, putt (a water taxi) to Grandville again today and checked out the Winterfest activities again. Great people watching. Took the bus through town to look around also. A little sketchy on the east side, did not get off the bus.

Anyway all is well and an early morning tomorrow with a 6:30 am bus to catch to Whistler.

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Hi Sarah;
This blog is a great idea. You sound like you are having a great time. I think I should move to Vancouver, I need a whole city to motivate me to get off my butt!
V

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah, some plan changes with regard to Wedesday. I will be in Vancouver all day on business. No need to leave Whistler so early. Leave later and we can meet and take the ferry to the island late afternoon. Please call collect tonight 250-294-3901 or my cell tomorrow 250-589-1727. See you soon
Mike S