Wednesday 25 July 2007

Alive and well

Hi everyone. I am alive and doing well. Sorry I have not updated the blog in ages, the internet in Africa, is a little hectic and the opportunity to use it almost non existent.

Africa was amazing and we survived. One day we broke down in the dessert and were 150km’s from a town on the right and 220km’s from a town on the left. Needless to say we were stuck there over night and camped at the side of the road. Luckily they had just done the grocery shopping and we had lots to eat. It was an interesting day. We broke down at 11 am and hung out all day in limbo waiting for it to be ‘fixed’ for the 6th time. Did I not mention this was the 6th time to brake down, of I forgot. At 6pm as the sun was setting we sent up our tents and hoped the mechanic could ‘patch’ the truck over night so we could carry on the next day. The mechanic quit at 1am and it was not fixed. At 4:30am we packed up the truck and moved everything, cooking supplies, books, every last thing in the truck to a temporary one and headed down the road. I will continue this story at a later date along with some more.

Just wanted to let you know I am alive and currently in Ireland. I toured around Dublin with my friend Louise yesterday. I am staying with her for the week. We are off on a road trip today and golfing in the afternoon. Tomorrow I will head to Cork and kiss the Blarney stone on the way. Louise will not be joining me as her friend is getting married tomorrow (Thursday). She says it is cheaper for people to get married in the middle of the week, so some do it then.

Keep checking back once I am home. I will update the blog with more stories and of course the photos.

No comments: