Wednesday 1 June 2011

Having a relaxing time in Bucaramanga

This is a photo of Zammy, Juliana, Cristian and Ana Maria, my hosts while in Bucaramanga Colombia.
Thanks Carolina for letting me stay with your family. Wow what an incredible relaxing experience I am having. I wish you were here to enjoy it too. For the last few nights I have stayed with Juliana and Zammy (Carolina’s sister and brother in-law). They also live in Bucaramanga but on the mountain looking down onto the town. It is a neat setup. To access the mountain road you need to have a swipe card to enter the gated mountain communities. If your school uses the swipe cards for weekend access that is the kind of card it is. You drive up and around the mountain and there are 25 – 28 gated sub divisions with large homes. There are about a 1000 houses on the mountain and maybe 5000 people living up here. Juliana and Zammy have a lovely new home that they built a year and a half ago. They have two maids, one live in and one that comes six days a week. The house is spotless and constantly being cleaned. Today they took the area rugs outside and washed them by hand. The meals they make are excellent and at each meal there is a different kind of freshly squeezed juice. South American’s are big on their fresh juice. I am being treated like a queen.

The sub divisions are around an 18 hole golf course. Yesterday Ana Maria and I went to the clubhouse and had massages and a steam bath. Then in the afternoon Juliana’s tennis lesson was cancelled so I went and rallied with her. I have not rallied in years, but I did a good job and who couldn’t when you have a ball boy to run around retrieving all the balls. That sure makes tennis enjoyable.

Today Zammy, Juliana and I road mountain bikes up and down and around the mountain checking out the different subdivisions and then followed it up with a trip to the clubhouse for another steam bath and massage. Today’s masseuse was amazing she got right up on the table and worked my back and ass. It was the best massage I think I have ever had and she exfoliated me too. We returned back to the house and Stephan and Ana Maria joined us for lunch. Then this afternoon I took the golf cart over to the supermarket to buy myself some more toothpaste. Not that you care, but the idea of driving the golf cart over is pretty cool.

So again thanks Carolina and Ralf for this experience.

For some more photos you can click on the following link:
Click on this link for more photos from Bucaramanga Colombia

No comments: