Thursday 15 March 2007

Hue - Vietnam

I took a sleeper train last night to Hue it ended up being a 15 1/2 hour ride. I was able to get some sleep and lucked out having 3 cabin mates from British Columbia. A girl around my age with her parents. They are great and we were able to check into the same hotel and tour the city together today. We road around in a cyclo. (A guy drives the bike with you sitting in a cart at the front.)

The train was interesting. I am very thankful for my great cabin mates. I could have ended up with anyone. The train was very old and had a one hole squatter toilet. Not the cleanest to say the least, but we managed.

Taking the bus to Hoi An tomorrow morning. Should be a 3 1/2 hour ride and it cost a little under $3 US.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WE ALL FIND YOUR TRIP QUITE INTERESTING IT KIND OF MAKES ME THINK THAT I SHOULD HAVE SPENT SOME OF MY MISSPENT YOUTH SEEING THE WORLD . Brooklynne and Haydens Pa Pa