Monday 11 April 2011

Salta Argentina


Wow! What an amazing day. You should see the scenery around Salta Argentina, amazing. I can see why Nancy Towns is a bicycle guide in this area. Too bad she is not around at this time, she is in Spain. But man did she ever have some good suggestions.
The road from Salta to Cafayate has incredible mountains and beautiful red rocks. You will see them in the many photos I took. It was amazing. I went in a car with a guide a girl I met on the 24 hour bus, Anne from England and another couple from Austria. I could see buying that BMW motorcycle and bringing it down here for a hell of a trip.
The other day I went to San Lorenzo by local bus, 30 cents. It is just a suburb to the city of Salta with a great forest and jungle. I hiked in there and did a zip line over the gorge after my hike. It was great to be out of a big city and back into nature.
Salta has a cable car to get up the mountain to check out the view of the city. So I did that and then walked back down the mountain for some exercise. It is nice to get moving again after days of sitting.
Part of today’s trip included visits to two wineries. The smell of the fermenting grapes was incredibly good.
Have you ever seen a tobacco fence? In tobacco country the road is lined with them as the farmers are drying out their product for export.
Click on the link for tons of rock and mountain photos from Salta, Argentina

No comments: