Friday 15 April 2011

The seven colour hills, Purmamarca Argentina.


Argentina is such a lovely place. It is so easy to get around the people, food and sites are fantastic. I am loving my time in Argentina. I love when you intend to spend a night in an area and it turns into a week. That is what happened in Salta. Thank god I didn’t move on, I would have missed some tranquil places in Cafayete, Cachi, Tilcara and Purmamarca, each have incredible landscapes. They are just my kind of places, little towns with great character.

I was able to do a great three kilometer walk around Purmamarca. It is where the seven colour hills are. Amazing colours that change as the sunlight hits the mountain, or hills. You might be sick of the rock photos but it is just amazing everywhere you turn there is something different and amazing to see. Hope some of those panoramic photos might give you a better perception.

So I met a guy Harry yesterday and as fate would have it we would have met on my scheduled Antarctica trip that I had to cancel. We were to be on the same boat, same dates and company. Interesting how we would now meet up in Northern Argentina as we each head to Bolivia. Kind of cool how random things happen. He loved his Antarctica trip. it is neat to talk to someone who has been there. So we gained another travel companion for a few days at least.

Click on the link for photos from The Seven Colour Hills in Purmamarca Argentina

No comments: