Thursday 10 May 2007

Pai Thailand - pictures

Pai is a great town. Most people come for a couple of days and stay for weeks. It is a quant little town. I rented a moped (motorbike as they like to call it) for two days. It was a 100 baht a day and 80 baht a day for insurance. So for two days it basically cost $10. It is nice to be able to just hop on it and tour the countryside. My hotel is a little out of town, so the moped offers quick access to town also.

There are many waterfalls and pagodas to tour around and see, but I like when you round a corner and see and elephant. There are a few elephant camps (places where you can ride an elephant) around my hotel. So that was neat to see the elephants at the side of the road.

I went to one waterfall today and realized I was low on gas. I was in the hills and there was nothing around, so I was hoping I wouldn’t have to walk. I found a little village and asked about gas. I was given a litre of gas out of a liquor bottle and sent on my way. That was great; I was not looking forward to the walk.

The road to the waterfall was paved in parts and not in others. The road was more suited for a dirt bike then a moped and because of all the rain, roads were washed out. I decided to turn around on one dirt road as it was so badly washed out and the bike was going down. Not long after that it started to pour rain. Now I know what it’s like to ride through big mud puddles and be a kid and have mud from toe to thigh.

I had a good dirty day in the mud. It did not rain for long and I was dried out before making it back to town.

I met a woman who does Toro readings and reiki so I experienced that tonight, it was very interesting, ahhhh what the future holds…….

Check out more photos at the following link

http://picasaweb.google.com/sarahemoloney/PaiThailand

I am going to Laos tomorrow and will not have internet access for a few days. So take care. I will be swinging in the trees and sleeping in a tree house.

No comments: