Wednesday 2 May 2007

Full moon party and pictures

Well the full moon party was something to experience. The place I was staying at had a buffet dinner for the guests which was great and they decorated the place up nice. I helped in the afternoon with some of the flowers.

The evening brought rain and tons of wet, drunk and high people. It was interesting to people watch. I hope the rumor I heard that 5 people drowned was just that, a rumor. There were life guards on duty and they manned a sleep area on the beach as well. In the morning I saw them making people get out of the water but in the evening I did not see this, it was dark though.

People were drinking out of “buckets,” (kid’s sand pails). You could buy a mickie and mix for around $10. The bucket left a large surface area at the top and some poor souls were getting there drinks spiked and passing out. The woman I was with on the ferry this morning saw two people drugged this way last night. She said “well they say that is why they call it a party, because you are taking risks.” I bet some people when they wake up will not be wishing they took last night’s risk.

It was interesting man the amount of people and the dancing. It was cool to experience and I am glad I am here to report about it.

I also saw a dirty middle age man pick up a prostitute and take her to a “room.” Oh the things we see. Oh an of course the “lady boys” that Thailand is known for are good for watching also.

I am now in Koh Samui another island in the south of Thailand. I took a ferry this afternoon to try out these beaches. It is raining here a lot and there are a lot of thunderstorms. It is said that global warming has moved the monsoon season up. Hopefully the rain will hold off until the evenings.

Link to pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/sarahemoloney/Thailand

No comments: