Sunday 3 May 2009

Germany vs Austria



Click on this link for more photos
Made it to my second game of the World Hockey Championships. This game was Germany against Austria, Austria won, one nothing. I met a guy at the hostel from London England who had never been to an ice hockey game so we went together. He had lots of questions throughout the game that I explained for him.

This game was much cheaper. It was only 19 dollars for the same area I was in last time and not many people were at the game so we got to go right up to the front of the section. With your ticket there is free transportation in Switzerland until 12pm the next day. That works out for me as I was going to go to Interlocken tomorrow and the ticket itself to there was 26 dollars and I paid 19 for the game and it included the tram there and back today and the trip to Interlocken tomorrow.

Went to some great markets yesterday and have just been taking in the sites, flowers and smells of spring here. The lilacs are in bloom and smell awesome. The flowers at the market were breath taking too. They make great flower arrangements in Europe. I am getting a good work out from all the steep inclines too. I can feel it in my thighs and butt.

I am writing this blog post from a free internet bus out front of the arena. We have an hour or so until Switzerland plays Sweeden at the arena and we will watch the game in the tent on site.

No comments: