Monday 28 March 2011

Argentina is all about the meat


Would you like to buy one of my whips? I am having a great time in Buenos Aires Argentina. I arrived to a four day national holiday. I am staying right in the heart of downtown and it has been interesting. Since today was not a holiday I got to see how busy things really are. Don’t get me wrong it has been busy the last few days with shops still open and people selling things or wanting to change your money everywhere but it was a nice reprieve from what it really is like. Buenos Aires is known for its Sunday markets so me and a few girls from my room took those in yesterday. They shut down streets and parks for kilometers. It took hours to just walk through part of it and I was with some shoppers. Leather is big here, so one girl got a new leather coat. I refrained. We had a nice lunch in a cafĂ© surrounded by vines and greenery off the beaten track that had tango dancers to entertain us while we ate. There are tango dancers everywhere in Buenos Aires. I had to pose for a photo with the guy, thank god I didn’t have to dance with him and have him experience my lack of rhythm.
Today I took the metro to Tigre an hour outside of Buenos Aires with Shelley an Aussie girl. For the two of us our round trip cost $1, so 25 cents each way. So it was a cheap day. Tigre is where the city folk go to escape from the hustle and bustle. We walked the river and had a great steak lunch. You will have to check out the photo of the size of the hunk of meat. Argentina is known for its great meat cooked to perfection and cheap. Our lunch was on the upper scale as we ate in a restaurant with a nice location on the river for less than $15 for a huge steak, a salad, pop and bread.
I am off to Uruguay tomorrow by ferry with an Aussie couple I met. It is to be an hour ride and I will stay for a couple of days in Colonia.
Click on the link for more Buenos Aires photos
It is the same album there are just new photos added towards the bottom.

No comments: