Friday 25 March 2011

Ozzy Osbourne in Buenos Aires and the trip over


So the adventure begins and what an adventure it has started out to be in more ways than one. I will just tell you how the last transit day has been. I have at least another 12 hours to go before I reach Buenos Aries, Argentina. At this point I will be arriving 8/12 hours later than expected and will have gone through five airports. I am in Peru. Peru you say, yes my flight was to go to JFK in New York, just touchdown and pick up more. We were three hours late leaving Toronto which made changes to this “pick up.” They sent them on another plane and made us wait about three hours there for another flight, and then another two hours on the tarmac. Then that flight went to Lima (Peru), where I am right now and then it goes to Santiago, Chile then Buenos Aries, Argentina. Oh my lord. So should have got into Buenos Aries Argentina at noon and will get in at 8:30pm at the earliest. If no more changes happen, but I won’t count on that as at every airport today there has been some delay.

At least there is free WIFI here there wasn't in New York. Oh yes and New York. On the walk to the plane after you have gone through the gate they had a sniffing dog and 10 undercover cops with their badges around their necks asking questions. Are you travelling alone? Please come here, passport. Do you know you can leave as much money as you like in the USA but not take as much money as you want out? How much money do you have on you? If one of us was to search you right now would the amount you said be correct? Ok, thank you, carry on. Crazy and they were completely undercover, not the clean neatest looking men. So that was a new experience.

35 ½ hours after leaving the Hubbard’s in Richmond Hill I arrived in Buenos Aries at the hostel. By the end with all the changes there were four of us left from the original flight from Toronto. We looked at each other after the carousel stopped moving and we didn’t have our bags yet, so I thought this is going to be another first, no luggage. A first that didn’t happen. Our bags came on a different flight and were at the under end of the airport sitting on the floor in a heap. Well at least they were there.
So today… I was site seeing just like Ozzy Osbourne. Yep Ozzy and I were at the Cementerio de la Recoleta today at the same time. I saw these guys with long curly hair and thought that is a little different then at the front of them was Ozzy. A must see in Buenos Aries, it is a very cool cemetery. The monuments are grand and something to see. Evita is buried there.
Click on the link for Ozzy Osbourne and Buenos Aires Argentina photos

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like it was an amazing adventure getting there. Your photos are amazing! Stay Safe!

Unknown said...

http://www.explorica.ca/Tour-Diaries/Tour-Diary.aspx?tourCenterCode=Driscoll-2259
You can check out some of our trip pictures. We had an awesome time! Looking forward to 2012 already!

Julie said...

You will have tons of fun, I can assure you that. It is great you saw a celebrity, it means you are in a place where even the rich and famous are curious about. When I travelled to Argentina, I decided to rent apartments in buenos aires . The crazy thing was that in the same building I was in, was also Roger Federer, the tennis player! We talked once in the elevator about the sites we had visited, it was cool!
Jules