Thursday 31 March 2011

Colonia Uruguay


I went horseback riding in Uruguay and I was the only one who was given a whip. Seems to be a theme happening here?
I am currently in transit between Colonia and Montevideo in Uruguay. I am taking a three hour bus between the two cities. The bus which is nothing posh, actually it is a little old has WIFI. Hence how I am updating the blog. The bus cost $10 for those who like to know prices.
Colonia is a UNESCO world heritage site and quite a quant town. It has lovely old buildings, cars, great food and people. Shelley and James my Aussies friends and I seem to be on the same path for awhile so we have booked our accommodations at the same place and are taking the same transits. Yesterday we went horseback riding in Uruguay. It was fun, but poor Shelley fell off her horse, but she is ok, just a little shook up.
Montevideo is the capital of Uruguay and that is the next stop. My carnivorous friends would love South America they are all about their meat and it is so big, good and cheap. $10 – 15 for a full nice meal at a fancy restaurant is typical.
Click on the link for Colonia Uruguay photos

No comments: