Friday 12 August 2011

Caribbean Union of Teacher's Conference and more of Barbados


This photo shows team Grenada on the left and team Dominica on the right at the Caribbean Union of Teacher’s Conference. Both are the Unions I worked with for Project Overseas.

It has been another great week in the islands. The weather is great, people fantastic and I have had lots of neat interactions and again opportunities. The Caribbean Union of Teacher’s Conference is on this week and I attended as an invited guest for the first couple of days. I was at the Caribbean Union of Teacher’s Women’s Conference as well. It was an honour to be included. I had made the connections with the Union in Grenada but once arriving there I also knew the Union members from Dominica as I had worked with their teachers in 2008 with Project Overseas. It really was an honour to be so warmly welcomed and there on behalf of the Canadian Teacher’s Federation. It was a historical year too as they welcomed with a unanimous vote the island of Guadeloupe into the Union.

My guest house is excellent and I think I could literally write a bestselling novel with the stories I have from its occupants. It has been great fun and most interesting learning about my houseguest’s comings and goings. It will have to be a story over a drink sometime that I share with you. Unfortunately I can’t write it publicly this way, but let’s just say it has been a memorable group of people and a great place to stay. One would think with the amount of action going on here it wouldn’t be quiet but it is when you need to sleep you can and when you want to join someone for a trip to the beach, restaurant or just chat all are available.

I was at Selvi and Eddie’s last night for dinner. It was an amazing Malaysian meal. Selvi is an incredible cook. She even lined the dishes with banana leaves from their backyard. It was delicious and we too had a great time chatting.

Off to Oistins Friday Fish Fry tonight. Always great fish, music, dancing, karaoke, you name it, lots of good people watching and then back to our lovely country.

You can check out the pictures at the following link;
Click on this link for photos from the Conference and more from the Barbados

No comments: