Saturday 18 July 2009

Czech Republic, Pictures


The Czech Republic is fantastic. Prague was a wonderful city to tour around. Put lots of miles on there, tons of walking. I am now in Cesky Krumlov in the South and it is fantastic too. A great quaint little town to walk around and check out. Many castles and churches in this country. There are bears living around the perimeter of the castle in Cesky Krumlov.

Have ran into four people I met in previous cities in Prague. It is funny to run into people you know on the street and it is a huge city. One girl I met from Australia in Vienna ended up being my room mate, very small world. I was to stay in a five person dorm and it ended up being a two bed dorm and she my room mate.

I visited the town of Kutna Hora. It has a bone church. During the plague the cemetery ran out of room and a priest decided to decorate the inside of the church with bones. There are pyramids, a crest, strings of garland and chandeliers all made out of bones. I couldn't help but think it would be a great spot for a Halloween party. I will be using my photos from there for Halloween.

Went to a great micro brewery in Prague and sampled their beers. I am not usually a dark beer fan and I don't drink coffee but I have to say those were my two favorites.

I visited the Jewish Museum in Prague. It has a fantastic display of over 4000 pieces of children's artwork from Terezin Concentration Camp. A women taught art lessons there and this work was found in a couple of her suitcases after she was sent to Auschwitz, like the children. It was powerful to see how they depicted the times. It was done to help them deal with what they were living through.

Good food, views, cheap prices, good shopping and tons of sites to see here.

My hostel is pretty cool in Cesky Krumlov, I have a loft room with a girl I met on the bus coming here. But check out the hostel in Prague, it was the best yet. Click here for the link to the hostel in Prague.

Pictures from the Czech Republic.

No comments: