Friday 31 July 2009

D-Day Beaches, Pictures


Yesterday I had an excellent opportunity to visit Caen and the Normandy beaches. Wow. It was a powerful experience. I took an early two hour train from Paris to Caen. I spent the day there and it could use a lot more time than that, next time.

I visited the museum for a few hours and then did a five hour guided tour of some of the beaches and areas were the allies landed. The Cemetery was unbelievable with the rows upon rows of crosses. Rick you would need a week at least to visit this area. He is a huge history guy and I know you would have loved the trip I did yesterday.

I have to add a thank you to those veterans. I am not doing this justice in this write up, but it was unbelievable.

Click on this link to see pictures of the D-Day beaches and some more of Paris.

No comments: