Friday 27 May 2011

Cartagena Colombia


Check out his catch from the beach in Caragena.

Cartagena is great. The Old Town is lovely and the cobble stone streets and balconies are great to check out. Today I spent the day at the beach. The water was so warm it was like entering a big bathtub. It was over 30 degrees today but not muggy so you weren’t melting.

At the beach there were some fisherman collecting their catch. They must have pulled in a net for 30 minutes and we were excited because we thought they were going to pull in a huge swordfish like I had seen the other day when I didn’t have my camera with me, but it turned out to be shrimp and small fish they had caught. They were working pretty hard pulling so we were sure it was a swordfish but no such luck.

We have been visiting the Café Del Mar pub on the wall each night it is a magical setting. They make the best strawberry daiquiri I have ever had.

I was able to take some cool photos of locals today. Have a look at the following link.

Click on this link for photos from Cartagena Colombia

No comments: