Thursday 12 May 2011

Quito Ecuador

Well I have just arrived in Ecuador after a couple of days in transit and what a drive it was from the airport. I witnessed a poor motorcyclist being thrown from his motorcycle after the car ahead of us hit him. I instantly jumped out the vehicle to help him and could see his scared eyes but was told it was dangerous get back in and other people were running over to him. We drove on up the road to aid in blocking in the vehicle that hit him with another motorcycle and remained there until the police came at which point the driver tried to deny that he hit him. An interesting start to the next leg of the journey. Luckily the motorcyclist had a helmet and gear on so I hope he will be ok. He was on the job as he was a delivery motorcyclist, probably delivering someone’s dinner.

I added more pictures to the last Easter Island photos so if you are not sick of statues and want to see some more there are more there.

Click on this link for lots of photos from Rapa Nui, Easter Island

I am starting a boat tour to the Galapagos Islands in the next couple of days so stay tuned for those experiences.

Also who knew Ecuador uses American money as their currency? Not I but that is interesting. So off I will go to the ATM tomorrow and get some good old American cash and then take a couple of local busses that should cost me less than a dollar in total to the equator.

No comments: