Wednesday 8 April 2009

BMW Z4, Germany, Pictures


Well last night was an interesting night. I had emailed Olaf my friend that I met in Africa. He and I were truck buddies. We sat together for a month through Africa, poor guy. Anyway small world he lives within one kilometer of Erin. So we met up last evening. Erin was not feeling well so didn’t join us. When I met him it was funny, he said “have you ordered a drink?” I said “no.” He said “great lets go somewhere else.” So instead of walking he brought his new BMW Z4 convertible to take me for a rip. Remember I told you lots of nice sports cars in Frankfurt. So there we were. I got a tour of the historic sites of Frankfurt in the BWM with the roof down and then we had to take her for a rip on the autobahn (highway). Remember, no speed limit, you are only limited by the vehicle in front of you so we had it up to 200 km/h. It was great, we spent so much time together in Africa he knew I love cars and had to bring it and take me for a ride.

After our tour we met up with Carmel his girlfriend who is from Ireland and did dinner at a German pub. We sampled the famous apple wine (cider) and then visited a wine cellar that was literally an underground pub complete with a free musty smell. They have interesting versions of beer here to try. I have had the cola beer, banana beer and my favorite the grapefruit beer.

Check out the pictures at the following link.

More Germany Photos

http://picasaweb.google.com/sarahemoloney/MoreGermany#

No comments: