Sunday 26 April 2009

Vatican, pictures

Today I spent the day at the Vatican. It was a day full of long lineups and tons of people. I waited two hours to get into the Vatican museum. The line was two or three kilometers long. It was free today as it is the last Sunday of the month. It normally costs 14 Euro and for your information 1 Eruo is $1.77 Cdn at the moment. They say no matter the day it is a two hour wait.

I also went to St Peter's Basilica, the Vatican's main church. It was a 40 minute wait to get in and it was stunning. I made it for mass too. Father Bill gets more people for his masses at St Anne's. I thought it would be packed. It was 45 minutes long and in Italian.

There was a celebration at St Peter's square today as four new saints were named.

Click on the link for Vatican pictures

No comments: