Wednesday 29 April 2009

Venice Italy, Pictures


Another interesting day in Italy. Today I traveled by train from Florence to Venice. It was a three hour train ride. I arrived in Venice and took two busses to get to the "hostel." It is located in a campground close to the airport. I didn't know hostels could exist at a campground. You can stay in a tent for one, two or three or a "cabin" for three. I am in the cabin, luckly, as it was raining today. The "cabin" is a trailer with bunk beds and a bathroom. Interesting to say the least. I booked this place from my last hostel as they are the same company and at the last location it was bright, clean, spacious had a spa and indoor pool. So I thought what the hell. This should be equivalent. No, but it isn't bad it just makes me laugh that you could get anything from a massage to waxing at the last place and tonight I will be lucky if I am dry.

Venice is cool. I am actually 30 minutes outside of Venice so I took the two busses back into town once the rain stopped. It is something to see with it's many waterways, boats and people everywhere. I even saw three water ambulances and a police boat. I couldn't help but worry about children living in those houses right on the water. I would be afraid they would run out the front door and end up in the water.

It is a romantic city though. There were people taking gondola rides and lapping up the scenery. A gondola ride is 80 Euro for a half an hour ride, so I took the water bus for 6.50 Euro each way and took pictures of the people in their gondolas.

Click on the link for Venice Photos

No comments: