Monday 6 April 2009

Germany, Pictures


Germany has been great I have to say a very big THANK YOU to Erin for letting me come. I came last minute on her when the malaria medication was playing havoc with me in India, thanks again Erin.

Erin has two great apartments here in Germany, one in Frankfurt, where she works at the Dow Jones as a Financial Journalist and another in Heidelberg with her boyfriend Thomas. They are both great. Frankfurt is a big city with lots of money and sports cars and Heidelberg is a very quant and calming area in the hills with lots of nice homes, gardens, lovely trees and flowers blooming.

I mention the sports cars because as I just learned Germany does not have a speed limit. I am not sure why more Canadian men do not visit Germany. You can rent a Porsche or a Ferrari and let her rip. Even I was feeling the need for speed and thought man, I would get one of those babies and red line her. My bothers would be happy that I can tell them I saw a new Corvette today. So if you want to see some nice wheels and you’re interested in seeing how fast they will go, visit Germany.

There were a lot of police around the other day when we were in Karlsruhe as Obama was in Baden-Baden which is not far from there. We must have seen a pack of 20 motorcycle cops followed by four police crusers.

The weather has been lovely here. No rain, nice sunny days with a high around 20 degrees Celsius.

Click on the following link for some pictures.

Germany Pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/sarahemoloney/Germany#

No comments: