Tuesday 30 June 2009

Thesaloniki Greece

All is well in Thesaloniki Greece. It is in the north on the Aegean Sea. I have spent the first couple of days of school employees and students summer holidays on the beach in Greece working on my tan. I am staying at a pension/hotel across the road from the beach, 25 km's outside of Thesaloniki.

It is a quiet area. So quite I didn't see anyone guest or staff at the hotel until my third day at the hotel. The keys to my room were left in the mailbox outside of the hotel. For the first night I am not sure if anyone else was here. The hotel has 30 rooms. The second day in the evening I heard people in the hall but that was it and today I finally met the owner. He is a dentist in the town 25 km's away and has the hotel on the side. I have to say he left good instructions and I didn't mind the piece, quiet and sunshine. NIce locals at the beach. One old Greek lady sees me coming and starts smiling. She puts the sunscreen on my upper back. God love her.

Tomorrow I will take the train to Sofia the capital of Bulgaria. I hadn't planned on that stop but it looks good and why just pass through. It will also break up a potential 18 hour ride to Budapest Hungary. So the plan is for the next week or so, Sofia Bulgaria, Belgrade Serbia and then Budapest Hungary. All maybe for a few nights each.

No comments: